This QuickApp gets todays and tomorrows energy prices and energy consumption from the Tibber platform.
Next to the current prices the lowest, highest and average price for the next hours is calculated.
Tax and extra cost (cable owner) are included in the hourly, daily, monthly, yearly and total cost.
All values are displayed in the labels.
Child devices are available for:
- Hourly Energy
- Hourly Cost
- Daily Energy
- Daily Cost (including extra cost)
- Monthly Energy
- Monthly Cost
- Yearly Energy
- Yearly Cost
- Total Energy (com.fibaro.energyMeter with automatic rateType=consumption for Fibaro Energy Panel)
- Total Cost
- Current Price
- Minimum price today (for the next [forNextHour] hours)
- Maximum price today (for the next [forNextHour] hours)
- Average price (calculated over the current prices and the next 10 prices)
- Percentage +0 hour (positive value means an increase of the price, negative value means a decrease of the price)
- Percentage +1 hour
- Percentage +2 hour
- Percentage +3 hour
- Percentage +4 hour
- Percentage +5 hour
- Percentage +6 hour
- Percentage +7 hour
- Percentage +8 hour
- Percentage +9 hour
- Percentage +10 hour
These devices can be used to control appliances according to the lowest and forecast prices during the day.
For easy use in for example blockscenes, Global Variables are available for:
- Current Price Level (NORMAL, CHEAP, VERY CHEAP, EXPENSIVE, VERY EXPENSIVE)
- Level +0 +1 +2 +3 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10 hour (NORMAL, CHEAP, VERY CHEAP, EXPENSIVE, VERY EXPENSIVE)
To communicate with the API you need to acquire a OAuth access token and pass this along with every request passed to the server.
A Personal Access Token give you access to your data and your data only.
This is ideal for DIY people that want to leverage the Tibber platform to extend the smartness of their home.
Such a token can be acquired here: https://developer.tibber.com
When creating your access token or OAuth client you’ll be asked which scopes you want the access token to be associated with.
These scopes tells the API which data and operations the client is allowed to perfom on the user’s behalf.
The scopes your app requires depend on the type of data it is trying to request.
If you for example need access to user information you add the USER scope.
If information about the users homes is needed you add the appropiate HOME scopes.
Tomorrow values are available from 13:00 hour
If you have more than one home in your subscription, you need to fill in your home number the change between your homes.
Use this QuickApp at your own risk. You are responsible for ensuring that the information provided via this QuickApp do not contain errors.
Tibber is a registered trademark being the property of TIBBER. TIBBER reserves all rights to the registered trademarks.
Information which is published on TIBBER’s websites belongs to TIBBER or is used with the permission of the rights holder.
Making of copies, presentations, distribution, display or any other transfer of the information on the website to the public is, except for strictly private use, prohibited unless done with the consent of TIBBER.
Published material on dedicated TIBBER press websites, intended for public use, is exempt from the consent requirement.
Also see: https://tibber.com/en/legal-notice
The QuickApp show price levels from Tibber with these indications:
Tibber API documentation: https://developer.tibber.com/docs/guides/calling-api
Tibber API explorer: https://developer.tibber.com/explorer
Changes version 2.1 (25th June 2022)
- Changed the child device names Hourly Energy and Hourly Cost to Hour-1 Energy and Hour-1 Cost, because they actually are from the previous hour
- Added Global Variables for Prices 0-10 hour
- Removed Global Variable for Current Price Level, the Current Price Level is also available in the Global Variable for all 0-10 hour levels
- Added QuickApp variable currentPrice to insert the current price in the Energy Panel if you also use the Tibber Live QuickApp. Otherwise the hour+1 price is inserted.
Variables (mandatory and created automatically):
- token = Authorization token (see the Tibber website: https://developer.tibber.com)
- homeNr = Tibber home (nodes) number if you have more than one home (default = 1)
- extraCost = Extra cost per kWh for Tibber and Cable owner, decimals with dot, not komma (default = 0)
- interval = Interval in seconds to get the data from the Tibber Platform. The QuickApp should run at least once an hour. The default is 930 seconds (15 minutes and 30 seconds). (Tibber has a rate limit of 100 requests in 5 minutes per IP address)
- debugLevel = Number (1=some, 2=few, 3=all, 4=simulation mode) (default = 1)
- setGlobalVar = true or false, whether you want to use the Global Variables (default = false)
- setPercentage = current or average, whether you want to relate to the average price or current price for the percentage calculation (default = average)
- setEnergyPanel = inserting prices in Energy Panel (default = false)
- currentPrice = inserting current prices (if you also use Tibber Live) in Energy Panel (default = false)
- forNextHour = How many hours forward it will show the prices in the labels (default = 12, minimum = 12, maximum = 35)
- workaroundE01 = Stores the value of the 00-01 hour energy for a Tibber API bug workaround (default = 0)
- workaroundC01 = Stores the value of the 00-01 hour cost for a Tibber API bug workaround (default = 0)
- workaroundPnn = Stores the hour-1 price for the Energy Panel (default = 0)
- workaroundP23 = Stores the 23h price for the Energy Panel (default = 0)