This QuickApp gets todays and tomorrows energy prices and energy consumption from the Tibber platform.
Next to the current prices the lowest, highest and average price for the next hours is calculated.
Tax and extra cost (cable owner) are included in the hourly, daily, monthly, yearly and total cost.
All values are displayed in the labels.
Child devices are available for:
- Hourly energy usage
- Hourly energy cost
- Todays energy usage (com.fibaro.energyMeter with automatic rateType=consumption for Fibaro Energy Panel)
- Todays energy cost (including extra cost)
- Monthly energy usage
- Monthly energy cost
- Yearly energy usage
- Yearly energy cost
- Total energy usage
- Total energy cost
- Actual price now
- Minimum price today (for the next [forNextHour] hours)
- Maximum price today (for the next [forNextHour] hours)
- Average price (calculated over the current prices and the next 10 prices)
- Percentage +0 hour (positive value means an increase of the price, negative value means a decrease of the price)
- Percentage +1 hour
- Percentage +2 hour
- Percentage +3 hour
- Percentage +4 hour
- Percentage +5 hour
- Percentage +6 hour
- Percentage +7 hour
- Percentage +8 hour
- Percentage +9 hour
- Percentage +10 hour
These devices can be used to control appliances according to the lowest and forecast prices during the day.
For easy use in for example blockscenes, Global Variables are available for:
- Current Price Level (NORMAL, CHEAP, VERY CHEAP, EXPENSIVE, VERY EXPENSIVE)
- Level +0 +1 +2 +3 +3 +4 +5 +6 +7 +8 +9 +10 hour (NORMAL, CHEAP, VERY CHEAP, EXPENSIVE, VERY EXPENSIVE)
To communicate with the API you need to acquire a OAuth access token and pass this along with every request passed to the server.
A Personal Access Token give you access to your data and your data only.
This is ideal for DIY people that want to leverage the Tibber platform to extend the smartness of their home.
Such a token can be acquired here: https://developer.tibber.com
When creating your access token or OAuth client you’ll be asked which scopes you want the access token to be associated with.
These scopes tells the API which data and operations the client is allowed to perfom on the user’s behalf.
The scopes your app requires depend on the type of data it is trying to request.
If you for example need access to user information you add the USER scope.
If information about the users homes is needed you add the appropiate HOME scopes.
Tomorrow values are available from 13:00 hour
If you have more than one home in your subscription, you need to fill in your home number the change between your homes.
The QuickApp show price levels from Tibber with these indications:
Tibber API documentation: https://developer.tibber.com/docs/guides/calling-api
Tibber API explorer: https://developer.tibber.com/explorer
Changes version 1.3 (6th February 2022)
- For easy use in blockscenes added Global Variables for the levels (CHEAP, etc) for the current price and percentages +0, +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +6, +7, +8, +9 and +10 hour. (Activate the global variables with the QuickApp Variable setGlobalVar = true) (request by @Darquan)
- Added an extra Child Device for Percentage +0 hour (current hour) (request by @Darquan)
- Added QuickApp Variable setPercentage to setup the calculation of the percentages from "average" price or from "current" price
- Changed the caluclation of the percentages according to the setting in setPercentage, "average" or "current" price (request by @Darquan)
- Limited the calculation of the average price to the current price and the next 10 prices (in line with the child devices +0, +1 ... +10)
- Added a minimum and maximum to forNextHour of 12 and 35 hours prices
Variables (mandatory and created automatically):
- token = Authorization token (see the Tibber website: https://developer.tibber.com)
- homeNr = Tibber home (nodes) number if you have more than one home (default = 1)
- extraCost = Extra cost per kWh for Tibber and Cable owner, decimals with dot, not komma (default = 0)
- interval = Interval in seconds to get the data from the Tibber Platform. The default is 930 seconds (15 minutes and 30 seconds). (Tibber has a rate limit of 100 requests in 5 minutes per IP address)
- debugLevel = Number (1=some, 2=few, 3=all, 4=simulation mode) (default = 1)
- setGlobalVar = true or false, whether you want tu use the Global Variables (default = false)
- setPercentage = current or average, whether you want to relate to the average price or current price for the percentage calculation (default = average)
- icon = User defined icon number (add the icon via another device and lookup the number) (default = 0)
- forNextHour = How many hours forward it will check (default = 12)