The DSCengine VD plugin can send and receive events to and from your DSC Power Series alarm on to global variables and VD labels to be used as triggers in scenes. The plugin can handle all partitions in the DSC Power Series Alarm.
Trigger that exist as of this version is:
- breach/restore/tamper/alarm/fault of all zones
- AC power status in your house
- Panel battery status
- Alarm ARMING status
- Partiton is in alarm
- And much more….
The DSCengine integration VD also can:
- Send codes to arm the DSC alarm to the status you wish. AWAY, STAY, ZERO-ENTRY-AWAY, ZERO-ENTRY-STAY
- ARM and DISARM the alarm remotely
- You will see what user that armed or disarmed the DSC alarm
- It will handle the system even if you have more than one partition
- A lot more is logged than what there are scene triggers for
- It can send _very_ detailed logs to a syslog server if you set up one.
- Send arbitrary key pad events. See example section in the attached PDF
It has 4 auto created sub devices when starting the service:
- A presentation device that shows arming status, live zone status as well as AC power status and more
- A Partition1 management device that shows partition status. It also give the possibility to ARM, DISARM, ARM STAY plus have panic buttons.
- A Partition 2 device (optional. Created if a variable is set) that is similar to the Partition 1 device except no panic buttons.
- A log device. Auto created. This show a history log
- Described in HC2_DSCengine-QuickGuide.pdf
SUPPORTED DSC PANELS
- ALL DSC Power Series panels are supported if you use the add-on card IT-100 serial card https://cms.dsc.com/download.php?t=1&id=14523
- If you use an Envisalink card, http://www.eyezon.com/evl4.php says it supports DSC PowerSeries (1555, 1555 MX, 1575, 5010 (832), 5020 (864), 1616, 1832, 1864)
This integration VD requires one or the other of the following:
- An EnvisaLink card inserted into your DSC Power Series alarm
- Global Cache iTach Flex with Flex Link RS232 Serial cable + DSC IT-100 serial card
And much more…
Hope you like it !
Hi, please can someone confirm is this works with HC3 ? Many thanks ..
I do however have some feature additions to DSCengine for HC2 in the pipe. If I have time it will probably be released during Q2. So there will probably be a 3.8 or a 4.0 version. For those who still uses HC2 and DSCengine...
Hi Matevz Jenko I do not own a HC3 (yet...), just a HC2. And as the HC2 still fullfils my needs, I won't pay for a HC3. If I had a HC3, I would probably port thew DSCengine to HC3. If it is possible... Regards //Peo
Hi. Any chance of having the DSC/Envisalink integration on HC3? Migrated to HC3 from Vera but really missing the DSC integration be ause of additional sensors integration for triggers and conditions and the Armed/Disarmed/… status that is really useful for determine home presence… can I help you anyhow?
Thanks for the prompt reply. Also are you planning to do a HC3 version for the DSC? I know this question has been asked before but I would be really greatful to have DSC on HC3.